Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Logo of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
The Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) was established in 1988 to provide a more credible and cohesive voice for attorneys in Pennsylvania practicing criminal defense. Today the organization has more than 600 members. It serves to protect the rights of those accused of crimes by creating a strong defense bar.
PACDL is open to Pennsylvania criminal defense attorneys who are actively engaged in the defense of criminal cases in both state and federal court, as well as law students who are enrolled in law school. Judges and prosecutors are not eligible to join or remain in PACDL.
Many attorneys also belong to county legal association such as the Delaware County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (DCACDL). This article was last updated on Saturday, October 18, 2014.
Benefits of Membership in PACDL
Benefits of joining the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) include:
- Inclusion in the PACDL membership directory, which is searchable and open to the public;
- Networking opportunities with other criminal defense lawyers in Pennsylvania;
- Personalized certificate of membership;
- Access to a brief and motion bank;
- Protection from the PACDL Strike Force for members unfairly threatened while zealously representing a client;
- Assistance from the Amicus Committee for attorneys with an important appellate issue;
- Discounts on Certified Legal Education (CLE) seminar fees;
- Receiving a bi-monthly copy of the PACDL newsletter, "Liberty Watch;"
- Access to the PACDL Listserv which connects the members and allows them to ask questions and share information;
- Access to LibertyWatch Online, the electronic version of the newsletter; and
- Copy of the PACDL handbook.
Committees on PACDL
The Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) encourages members to become involved through active participation on various groups and committees including:
- Amicus / Brief Bank
- White Collar Practice
- Capital Litigation Training
- Young Lawyers
- Practice Rule Oversight
- Juvenile Law
Contact InformationPennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
115 State Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 234-7403
Fax: (717) 234-7462