Iowa Association for Justice
Logo of the Iowa Association for Justice
The Iowa Association for Justice (IAJ) was established in 1973. Today, the organization has grown to nearly 1,000 Iowa attorneys who fight for justice in courtrooms throughout the state.
Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, the IAJ works to strengthen our civil and criminal justice systems. Members include attorneys throughout the state who focus on personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, family law and employment law.
Every year, the IAJ hosts many of the most popular continuing legal education (CLE) seminars in the State of Iowa on topics such as professional responsibility and ethics, auto accidents, family law, criminal law, personal injury, wrongful death, and workers’ compensation. Members have the opportunity to network with other attorney each year at the IAJ Annual Convention.
The IAJ is both an organization for Iowa personal injury lawyers and other attorneys to improve their profession and an advocacy group. The affiliated Justice For All Political Action Committee (PAC) advocates for access to justice and the right to a jury for Iowa residents.
Benefits of Membership in IAJ
The benefits of joining the Iowa Association for Justice (IAJ) include:
- Reduced registration fees on continuing legal education (CLE) seminars;
- Networking opportunities;
- Electronic exchanges to share information through the IAJ forum;
- Networking and leadership opportunities in the criminal law section or the worker's compensation section;
- Access to IAJ's expert witness bank and other on-line resources; and
- A voice in the legislative process through the IAJ political action committee, the Justice For All PAC (formerly the HELP Trust).
The IAJ also has a special Criminal Law Section and a Worker's Compensation Section that have their own list server so that members can share information on those specialized topics.
Contact Information IAJIowa Association for Justice (IAJ)
505 Fifth Avenue, Suite 630
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Phone: (515) 280-7366
Toll Free: (800) 373-4852
Fax: (515) 280-3745