Minnesota Association for Justice
Logo of the Minnesota Association for Justice
The Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ) is a legal organization for civil trial attorneys dedicated to protecting equal justice for all in courtrooms throughout Minnesota. The organization began informally in 1954. On April 13, 2007, the name of the organization was changed from the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association to the Minnesota Association for Justice.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MAJ helps Minnesota personal injury attorneys and other lawyers improve their practice through quality continuing legal education (CLE) seminars, networking opportunities, and annual meetings. The MAJ also provides a voice in the state legislature through its political action committee.
MAJ also operates MN Trial Political Action Committee (PAC). The PAC supports candidates in the Minnesota's legislature and constitutional office who protect consumers' legal rights through the executive and legislative process.
Benefits of Membership in MAJ
Attorneys who join the Minnesota Association for Justice must certify that he or she does not primarily represent the defense of personal injury or employment litigation. Benefits of joining the MAJ include:
- A listing on the "Find a Lawyer" directory on the MAJ website;
- A voice in the legislative process through involvement in the organization political action committee called Trial PAC;
- Access to a member only on-line information bank that includes expert deposition, forms and appellate briefs;
- Access to different MAJ List-Servers;
- Case evaluation clinics with a three panel groups to review your case and offer advice;
- Access to mock trials and focus groups;
- A copy of the Minnesota Trial Lawyer magazine published each quarter, as well as case reports, newsletters and updates; and
- Access to practitioner's guides.
Members also have an networking opportunities to meet with other prominent trial lawyers at the annual conference held each year in Alexandria and the mid-winter meeting held each year in Duluth.
The Minnesota Association for Justice publishes a quarterly magazine, the Minnesota Trial Lawyer. MAJ also publishes the Minnesota Case Reports, Newsletter and Updates which are free for members of the organization.
Members of the Minnesota Association for Justice have many opportunities to take on leadership roles within the organization, particularly by joining various committees including:
- New Lawyers
- Women for Justice
- Convention Planning
- Legal Technology and Litigation Support
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Workers' Compensation
- Family Law
- Elder Law
- Employment Law
- Fire Loss Litigation
Contact InformationMinnesota Association for Justice
706 Second Avenue South Suite 140
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Phone: (612) 375-1707
Fax: (612) 334-3142