We created Lawyer Legion to promote the old-fashioned ways of finding an attorney. We organized our directory the way attorneys organize themselves. We recognize leadership in specialty bar associations, non-profit legal organizations, and specialty certification programs.
One of the best ways to determine a lawyer's focus and competency in a specialty area of the law is by acknowledging participation and leadership in these highly respected legal organizations.
The History of Lawyer Legion
Established in 2010, Lawyer Legion is a division of Internet LAVA, LLC, headquartered in Houston, TX. Since then, the company has grown to 12 employees. Internet LAVA, LLC, builds websites and internet marketing strategies for attorneys across the country. The success of the company is directly attributable to its talented team of designers, programmers, content writers, and project managers.
On March 22, 2013, the company launched an online attorney directory called Lawyer Legion. Founded by Jason E. Miller, Leslie Sammis, and Zoe Simon, the directory was created out of necessity to help non-profit legal organizations launch better membership directories.
By flipping a switch, Lawyer Legion feeds a designated set of attorney profiles to a separate membership directory on the organization's own website. The organization can easily add or delete members from their directory. By working with non-profit legal organization, Internet LAVA, LLC, has quickly become a trusted source for website design and internet marketing strategies for both law firms and legal organizations.
The Benefits of Using Lawyer Legion
For the attorney profiles on Lawyer Legion, all listings are completely free and no paid listings are allowed. Lawyer Legion accepts no advertising except for the website design services provided by its parent company, Internet LAVA, LLC. Because it does not allow attorneys or law firms to advertise, the directory provides the consumer with a more independent and reliable source of information.
Lawyer Legion has created several "Find a Lawyer" directories for non-profit legal organizations including:
- the National Legal Committee for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) (directory only) - http://lawyers.norml.org/
- the California DUI Lawyers Association (directory only) - http://lawyers.california-dui-lawyers.org/
- the Pinellas County Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers - http://www.pfawl.org/
- the Hillsborough Association for Woman Lawyers - http://www.hawl.org
An Old-Fashioned Way of Finding an Attorney Using New Technologies
At Lawyer Legion, we have the following goals:
- partnering with trusted legal organizations, both big and small, to help them build better websites and membership directories that compete online in their niche with the larger commercial directories;
- promoting non-profit legal organizations, specialty certification programs and lawyer referral services sponsored by local bar associations;
- disrupt the commercial directories that rank attorneys based on their willingness to pay for advertising space.
At Lawyer Legion, we embrace the old-fashioned methods for finding an attorney. We utilize new technologies to accomplish this simple task. We rely on objective criteria including an attorney's leadership in voluntary bar associations, specialty certification programs, and non-profit legal organizations. These criteria are an important indicator of the attorney's dedication to a particular practice area.
Our online directory rewards attorneys for supporting respected legal organizations instead of paying for advertising with a commercial directory.
This article was last updated on Friday, February 17, 2017.