Rhode Island Association for Justice
Regular members of the Rhode Island Association for Justice must be licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the State of Rhode Island, of good moral character, and engaged in any field or phase of advocacy, committed to the concept of a fair trial, the adversary system and a just result for the injured, the accused, and those whose rights are jeopardized.
A regular member must adhere to the Mission of RIAJ and continue to meet the qualification requirements for Regular membership. Attorneys are not eligible for regular membership if the attorney, for the most part, represents the defense of personal injury litigation.
Regular members in good standing shall have the right to vote and hold office.
Contact Information: Rhode Island Association for Justice
400 Reservior Ave, Suite 3A
Providence, Rhode Island 02907
RIAJ's Locate a Lawyer Directory
One of the most important benefits of membership is a listing in the RIAJ's Locate a Lawyer Directory which helps the public find a qualified attorney for their location and practice area. The particular practice areas covered by the Locate a Lawyer Directory include:
- Automobile Accidents
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights
- Class Action/Mass Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Copyright, Trademark, & Patents
- Criminal Defense
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Law
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property
- Landlord Tenant
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Liability
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Securities Law
- Social Security
- Tax Law
- Workers Compensation
Mission of the RIAJ
The Mission of RIAJ includes the following goals:
- preserving the constitutional right to trial by jury;
- strengthening the civil justice system through education;
- safeguarding consumers' rights;
- promoting the public good through efforts to secure safe products, a safe workplace, a clean environment, and quality health care; and
- upholding and defend the constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Rhode Island.
Membership Dues for the RIAJ
The classification for membership dues include:
- Licensed 5 years+ -- $295.00
- Licensed 1 - 4 years -- $100.00
- New Admittee to RI Bar -- $50.00
- Legal Assistant -- $50.00
- Law School Student -- Complimentary
- Optional Dues - Lobbying Assessment (optional) -- $100.00
RIAJ Officers and the Board of Governors
Officers of the RIAJ include the President, President-Elect, Secretary/Treasurer and Immediate Past President. The Board of Governors is the managing body of RIAJ and formulates policies of RIAJ and directs its affairs through the Officers of RIAJ.
The Board of Governors appoints an Executive Director to administer the business of RIAJ.
Past presidents of the Rhode Island Association for Justice (RIAJ) include:
- Richard A. Sinapi
- Ralph R. Liguori
- Joseph P. Marasco
- Gil Bianchi
- Vincent L. Greene
- Patrick T. Jones
- Mark Mandell
Past and Future Events of RIAJ
Events planned by RIAJ include:
- the RIAJ Annual Awards Reception - held each year to install RIAJ Officers and celebrate the success of the outgoing president.
This article was last updated on Thursday, September 5, 2019.