Home> Lawyer Referral Directory> California >Long Beach

Lawyer Referral Service in Long Beach, CA

The Long Beach Bar Association was established in 1917. It sponsors a non-profit Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) to help individuals and businesses find an attorney in Long Beach, California, and the surrounding areas of Los Angeles County.

When you call the Lawyer Referral Service, the trained staff will conduct an initial screening. During the confidential interview, you will be asked about the nature of the legal issue so that the staff can determine the appropriate area of law that applies to the case. If appropriate, the staff will give you the name and contact information for a qualified attorney.

After the referral, you can contact the attorney to scheduling a 30-minute consultation. In exchange for $40 administrative fee, you can talk to the attorney during a 30 minute consultation at no additional charge. The $40 fee is waived for a personal injury or workers’ compensation case.

Other practice areas include:

  • Bankruptcy;
  • Child Custody or Adoption;
  • Divorce or Family Law;
  • Estate and Trust Planning;
  • Wills;
  • Medical Malpractice;
  • Real Estate; and
  • Tenants Rights.

Contact Information

Long Beach Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
3515 Linden Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90807
Phone: 562-988-1122
Fax: 562-988-1155
e-mail: director@longbeachbar.com

Finding an Attorney in Long Beach, CA

If you need to find an attorney in Long Beach, CA, then consider using a lawyer referral service. The non-profit community based service provided by the Long Beach Bar Association provides an alternative to searching the internet for an attorney or using an online attorney directory.

The service pre-screens the local attorneys to make sure they are eligible to receive a referral from the service, are in good standing with the State Bar of California, and have provided proof of maintaining professional liability insurance.

This community-based public service has stood the test of time as a good way to find a referral to a qualified and local attorney in your area.  

This article was last updated on Friday, December 27, 2019.