Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
The Criminal Trial Lawyers Association (“CTLA”) is one of nineteen (19) specialty associations of The National Trial Lawyers ("The NTL"). The National Trial Lawyers ("NTL") created the specialty associations to bring members together with educational and networking opportunities. Members share the goal of securing the vitality of the American criminal justice system and the promise of equal justice for all.
At last count, more than 700 criminal defense attorneys were listed as members of this specialty association of the NTL. Benefits of membership include a listing on the CTLA online membership directory. Additionally, members of the Criminal Trial Lawyers Association enjoy CLE programs, publications and online resources related to this specialty area of the law.
Contact Information:Criminal Trial Lawyers Association ("CTLA")
430 West Main Street
Dothan, AL 36301
Phone: (866) 665-2852
Leadership for Criminal Trial Lawyers Associations
The current president of CTLA is Mark O’Mara in Orlando, FL. The immediate past president is Mark Geragos in Los Angeles, CA. As of June 18, 2015, the criminal defense attorneys on the executive committee included:
- Timothy Bussey in Colorado Springs, CO;
- Sam Adamo in Houston, TX;
- Ryan Blanch in New York, NY;
- Ian N. Friedman in Cleveland, OH;
- Michael J. Griffith in Pensacola, FL;
- Peter Heller in Miami, FL;
- Carlos A. Monzon in Lincoln, NE;
- James Parkman III in Birmingham, AL;
- David Standeffer in Anderson, SC; and
- James Thomas in Detroit, MI.
This article was last updated on Friday, September 2, 2016.