New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
Logo of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
The New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association and Foundation (NMTLA) is a statewide nonprofit organization for civil trial attorneys who represent plaintiffs in personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, and employment law cases. Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the organization works to educate the public on civil justice issues while providing continuing legal education (CLE) seminars to lawyers across the state.
NMTLA serves as a professional association for New Mexico personal injury lawyers and other attorneys who advocate for their clients in the courtroom. The organization also lobbies the New Mexico Legislature for justice issues, including access to courts and the right to trial by jury. NMTLA also has a political action committee, the Committee on Individual Responsibility, that raises money and makes campaign expenditures for and against candidates.
Benefits of Joining the NMTLA
The benefits of joining the NMTLA include:
- A listing on the NMTLA's website directory;
- Discounts to the top Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars in New Mexico hosted by NMTLA;
- Online access to publications including the bi-monthly NM Trial Lawyer Journal;
- Discounts to other publications like the NM Litigation Series and the NM Evidence Handbook;
- Access to a listserver;
- Access to the NMTLA listserv;
- Access to the on-line resources such as forms, briefs, pleadings and depositions;
- A voice in the state legislature through NMTLA's lobbyist and PAC contributions; and
- Support from the Amicus Curiae Committee when your appellate case has statewide importance for the organization.
Publications of the NMTLA
The NMTLA publishes the NM Trial Lawyer Journal, a bi-monthly magazine with timely articles important to trial attorneys representing plaintiff's in civil justice cases.
Contact the NMTLANew Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
301 Edith Blvd NE Suite 110
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone: (505) 243-6003
Fax: (505) 243-6099
P.O. Box 27529
Albuquerque, NM 87125